The Move to Mouse Location iBloc is a custom action that moves any iRise widget to the current pointer position.
Current Version: 1.2.2
Supported iRise Studio Versions: 8.7 – 8.12
Supported Browsers: IE 8.0+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4.0+, Chrome 8.0+, iOS Safari, Android (default browser)
Works in iRise iPhone and iPad apps: Yes
What does it do?
- Moves widgets to the current pointer position.
- Can be combined with other iRise actions for unlimited uses, such as replacing the default context (right-click) menu with your own.
How can I use it?
- Drag it onto a page canvas and connect a page widget to it, like a regular Action.
- Choose the widget you want to move in the action’s properties panel.
Tips & Tricks
- Change the default event to any other event to suit your purpose. (For example, change the event to “on right click (context menu)” to simulate a custom context menu, or use “on mouse move” to have a prompt follow the cursor as it moves over an area of the page.)
- Connect the Move to Cursor Action to other iRise actions to simulate complex behaviors and effects.(For example, create a custom tooltip that fades in by hiding a section by default and connecting the iBloc to a Show Widgets Action with the Fade effect selected.)
- Enter positive or negative values for xoffset and yoffset in the properties panel to adjust the placement of your widgets relative to the pointer. (For example, make an info ‘bubble’ appear above the pointer.)
- Some additional uses include: context-sensitive help, custom tooltips, user prompts, contextual ads, informational fly-outs, custom context menus
1.2.2 - 2/8/2012
- Now works with iRise directory pane open or closed in the browser.