The Scroll Lock iBloc is a custom widget that anchors any iRise widget or container in the browser while the user scrolls the page. Options include affixing elements to the right or bottom edge of the browser, and allowing ‘locked’ elements to scroll until a specified buffer is reached.
Current Version: 2.3
Supported iRise Studio Versions: 8.7 – 8.12
Supported Browsers: IE 8.0+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4.0+, Chrome 8.0+, iOS Safari, Android (default browser)
Works in iRise iPhone and iPad apps: No
What does it do?
- Keeps any widget stationary while the user scrolls vertically within the page.
- Optionally affixes a widget to the right and/or bottom edge of the browser window, or a specified distance from either edge.
How can I use it?
You can connect any page widget to this action with any event, but you’ll probably want the scroll lock effect applied on load. To do this, you have to create an action that is associated with the page’s onLoad event.
- Make sure the “Type” property for the page is set to “Page” (this iBloc does not work for mobile emulation modes), and the “Align” property is set to “Fit to window”.
- Right-click on a blank area of the page, and select Add Event > Action…
- Choose Show/Hide Widgets, and set “Select widgets to:” to Show. Select any widget on your page that is already shown by default. (This gives us something that we can connect to the iBloc)
- Right click on the blue line that was created and select Move To > onLoad.
- Drag the Scroll Lock Action iBloc onto the canvas.
- Drag the Show/Hide action created in step 3 onto the Scroll Lock Action iBloc to connect them.
- Choose the widget to lock in the properties panel.
- Set optional properties if desired (see below)
Can I see it work?
Tips & Tricks
- Keep a widget from scrolling off-screen by setting a Vertical scroll buffer.
- Anchor a tool bar or navigation panel to the bottom or right edge of the browser by selecting “Stick to right” or “Stick to bottom”