The Text Counter iBloc is a custom widget that counts characters as they are typed into text input and text area widgets.
Current Version: 1.0
Supported iRise Studio Versions: 8.5 – 8.12
Supported Browsers: IE 7.0+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4.0+, Chrome 8.0+, iOS Safari, Android (default browser)
Works in iRise iPhone and iPad apps: Yes
What does it do?
- Counts characters as they are typed into text input and text area widgets.
- Can be customized to count up from zero or down from a pre-set limit.
- The message displayed with the count can be customized.
- Actions can be triggered when the limit is reached.
How can I use it?
- Drag it onto a page like a regular Page Widget.
- Choose a Text Area or Text Input widget in the properties panel.
- Change other properties to customize behavior and display.
Tips & Tricks
- Put the widget inside of a section and apply style to the section to change the fonts displayed.
- Connect the widget to an action and change the event to onLimitReached to trigger an action when the user reaches the character limit. This can be used to show a warning message.
- Use the onLimitUnreached event to trigger another event when the user deletes characters to make the count less than the limit. This could be used to hide the warning message displayed when the limit was reached.