The Highlighter iBloc that is a custom action that highlights words on a page that match the value of a text input widget.
Current Version: 1.2
Supported iRise Studio Versions: 8.7 – 8.12
Supported Browsers: IE 8.0+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4.0+, Chrome 8.0+, iOS Safari, Android (default browser)
Works in iRise iPhone and iPad apps: Yes
What does it do?
- Highlights words in text widgets on any event, based on the current value of a text input widget.
- Matching text can be highlighted with any background color, bold text, and/or italics, and can be selected based on partial or exact matching.
How can I use it?
- Drag the Highlight Action iBloc onto the canvas.
- Connect any page widget to this action using any event to activate the highlight effect.
- Choose a text widget in the properties panel within which matching strings will be highlighted, or a container such as a section, form or table that contains a set of text widgets.
- Choose a text input field in the properties panel that contains the string to be highlighted.
Tips & Tricks
- Connect the widget to an onLoad event action to show highlighted words on load, such as in a search results page.
- Text widgets to be highlighted can be dynamically populated from a datasheet or clipboard for realistic search functionality.
- You can use hidden text inputs if you do not want the highlight string displayed on the page in an input field.