The Table Filter iBloc is a custom action that instantly hides or shows table rows that contain a given word or phrase without requiring a page refresh. This is great for prototyping dynamic pre-set filters on data-driven pages, such as search results.
Current Version: 1.2.2
Supported iRise Studio Versions: 8.7 – 8.10
Supported Browsers: IE 7.0+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4.0+, Chrome 8.0+, iOS Safari
Works in iRise iPhone and iPad Apps: Yes
What does it do?
- Instantly hides, show, or highlights table rows which contain a specified text string.
- Works on static tables as well as tables with repeated rows (data-driven).
- Re-colors alternating rows to preserve ‘zebra-striping’ effect.
How can I use it?
- Drag the Table Filter iBloc onto any empty area of the canvas.
- In the properties panel, select Show, Hide, Highlight, or Unhighlight.
- Enter the text string to match against the table row content.
- Enter a Key string to use to identify the table rows to apply filtering to (default is ‘Filter’).
- Insert the Key string into the name property of any table rows that you want the Table Filter to act on (data and/or static rows).
- Select a highlight color if you are using the highlighting option, and select default and alt row colors if you are using alternating row backgrounds (‘zebra striping’) on your table.
- Connect any iRise widget to the iBloc using any event (like any iRise Action).
Can I see it work?
Here’s a brief demo of the Table Filter iBloc in action and how to use it in Studio.
Tips & Tricks
- Place hidden text widgets in your table rows to create filters based on information not visible to the user (see the demonstration video for an example).